Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Wilhelmine (Mena) Gangell nee Kannenberg

I received this message earlier this year from Susan Cook in Australia, but somehow misplaced it til now, so I've decided to add it to my blog. I'll let Susan take up the story...

A small band of descendants of Wilhelmine Gangell (nee Kannenberg) gathered approx 350 kilometres north of Adelaide (capital of South Australia) on a cold, windy day on 10 July 2008 to unveil a bronze plaque on her previously unmarked grave to honour her pioneering spirit. Her husband was John Gangell.

My part of this, was to prepare a well sourced and researched document with I have attached. It may be of interest to others. Involvment in this project has included Greg Catchpole, Alison Lawrence, Betty Amber and myself Susan Cook all who are contributers to your website.

I will also attach a couple of photos.

The First is the unveiling by 2 g g g g grandchildren, Tayla and Mitchell


The second, are 5 GG grandchildren, L to R: Neville, Betty, Terry, Susan and Rod


Thank you Craig

I hope that this information will be of value to other researchers.

Kind Regards, Susan

Wilhelmine%20Gangel_email.doc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home